News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Removal of polyp through hysteroscropy-D&C

SF415 - Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm

I've always been regular with my cycles. I'm 29 and gave birth in Oct 2008...started my cycle again in March and it was normal until September '09 when I started spotting about 3 days before my period started and had really heavy periods. This happened in Sept and Oct...late Oct. had a hysteroscopy...found a polyp and removed it (pathology report came back benign...thyroid was normal) and I thought i was in the clear but then started spotting again this month (6 days of spotting). Spotting and more heavy bleeding (heavy as in changing every 2-3 hours on a SUPER tampon). Dr. recommended Provera.

Is provera safe? Is this common after procedure? Is this all due to low progesterone leavel after pregnancy? And is it possible to still have kids after this? Am I infertile?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:21 am

User avatar Hello,
Provera is very safe and replaces natural hormones which may be out of balance. I would have no reason to suspect future infertility based on this scenario. Period irregularities such as this happen in many women and childbirth often changes the cycle and the hormonal regulation. It takes a little while to get things back in balance. In time you will probably even out and you should be able to conceive when you are ready for that.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here