News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: sudden stop of use of BC pills. now im delayed

babyboo - Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:05 am

hi, i started taking BC pills and stopped right away after taking them for a week. then i started to bleed. i took the first pill on the first day of my period and stopped on the 9th pill. and since i experienced bleeding after i stopped taking BC pills, will my menstrual cycle change? im suppose to have my period now and it still didnt arrive. i even had unprotected sex and my fifth day of my period and since i stopped after a week use, i got paranoid thinking that i might be pregnant,
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:22 pm

User avatar Hello,
Taking oral contraceptives can definitely disrupt your cycle. This is most likely due to the abrupt change and you will just have to see when your periods occur again once the hormone is out of your body. It may not be on the calendar as you had it before.

Having intercourse while on your period is usually a safe time without fear of pregnancy since ovulation most likely occurred 10-14 days before that and you're still almost that long before you would ovulate again.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here