Question: First time taking oral contraception.. no period in 30 days?

dulcenena315 - Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi, I just started taking an oral contraception for the first time in my life- Yasmin- on Oct. 26th. My last period before that date was Oct 13th-18th. It is now the 18th of Nov. I am on the week of white sugar pills and I have three left in my pack but I have STILL not started my period or "spotting". My periods have always been fairly regular. I am concerned because it feels like it is so late for me. My boyfriend and I ALWAYS use condoms. Only once did the condom come off for about a minute when he realized it and put another on. That instance was about two weeks after I started the pills and he did not ejaculate. I am fairly sure that I am not pregnant; we are very careful. But at the same time, I can't help but be worried and I am also worried that maybe some other health issue is going on with me. I feel like I have some symptoms of PMS like stomach cramps and an occasional headache but there is no bleeding. Should I be concerned about this or is it just the change in my hormones?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:12 pm

This sounds like adjustment to the hormonal regulation of your cycle. I would not be worried and your history indicates an extremely unlikely chance of pregnancy. Don't worry about an absent "period" since this is just withdrawal bleeding anyway; not a true period like you would have if you were ovulating normally.

|