News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: First time taking oral contraception.. no period in 30 days?

dulcenena315 - Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi, I just started taking an oral contraception for the first time in my life- Yasmin- on Oct. 26th. My last period before that date was Oct 13th-18th. It is now the 18th of Nov. I am on the week of white sugar pills and I have three left in my pack but I have STILL not started my period or "spotting". My periods have always been fairly regular. I am concerned because it feels like it is so late for me. My boyfriend and I ALWAYS use condoms. Only once did the condom come off for about a minute when he realized it and put another on. That instance was about two weeks after I started the pills and he did not ejaculate. I am fairly sure that I am not pregnant; we are very careful. But at the same time, I can't help but be worried and I am also worried that maybe some other health issue is going on with me. I feel like I have some symptoms of PMS like stomach cramps and an occasional headache but there is no bleeding. Should I be concerned about this or is it just the change in my hormones?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:12 pm

User avatar Hello,
This sounds like adjustment to the hormonal regulation of your cycle. I would not be worried and your history indicates an extremely unlikely chance of pregnancy. Don't worry about an absent "period" since this is just withdrawal bleeding anyway; not a true period like you would have if you were ovulating normally.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here