News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: 8 PG tests, 4 of which came up positive??

willmich2685 - Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:21 pm

I have been pregnant before. I am a mom to a soon to be 4 year, and I no that all pregnancies are different. But i have been experiancing wierd things lately. My period starts on the 21st like clockwork each month. and lasts about 5days. however November 4-5ish, i spotted for a day, which was only to where i wiped after using the bathroom, and seen it. I have been extremely moody, unpleasantly moody actually. I crave different things. Im tired, but associated it just working full time, school full time and raising a child. My BF told me I was pregnant, so i went out and got a test. it came back negative, however the second one i took, came up positive. so a few days i bought some more, and again, negative, positive. My period is due the 21st of november, however, i began lightly spotting. like a reddish brownish almost pinkinsh watery tinged in color. I have no idea what this is, because this has never happened to me. The pregnancy test i took last night came up postive almost immediately. but then this mornings digital came up not pregnant. im so confused. if you can please help me, that would be great!! thanks!! highly confused and lost
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:55 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is possible you have become pregnant but your body is not producing enough hCG hormone to show up on a pregnancy test. This can be normal, resulting in a healthy pregnancy, or it can be a sign that things aren't going well and miscarriage is likely. You have to wait and see or get a blood test which is more sensitive than the urine test, actually measuring the level of hCG in the blood.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here