Question: I have taken Cytotec and not much is going on

pegry - Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:34 am

I discovered a pregnancy of 6 weeks that i did not intend to carry on. My doctor prescribed two drugs for the termination. I took Myfegyne (3 x 200mg) on 16th November 09, with little side-effects (the tiredness and nausea that had troubled me got a little worse), then, 2 days later, I took Cytotec orally (2 x 200ug).
I dreaded the pain and abundant bleeding..... the pain set on almost immediately, and so did the bleeding, with some tissue, and the feeling of having to go to the bathroom. I didnt dare looking at exactly what came out from the vagina but it was not just liquid. All in all, it wasnt much. The pain , though, scared me, so i took paracetamol and went to sleep (it was 4 pm). I slept and the pain went away fast.
No remarkable bleeding has been going on so far (i's been almost 48 hours), i see a few drops on my pads, only see blood coming when i go to the bathroom -- dense, darker than normal period, but not much. And no more pain. All symptoms of pregnancy have magically disappeared.
I cant escape the feeling that this is not working...... i havent been able to reach my doc yet and am getting very unhappy... could the oral route have compromised the effectiveness of Cytotec? or was it the duration of pregnancy (50 days on 18th Nov)? my age, 36? I read all types of misleading info on patients forums, i'd like an expert's opinion.
Many many thanks in advance!!
 pegry - Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:35 am

.....In the meantime, I went for an ultrasound to check, and it seems all is gone, so Cytotec worked without giving me a day from hell as had been predicted to me......
this was an excellent experience (considering...). I guess I was lucky.
Thanks anyway for posting my query.

|