News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I have taken Cytotec and not much is going on

pegry - Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:34 am

Hello,
I discovered a pregnancy of 6 weeks that i did not intend to carry on. My doctor prescribed two drugs for the termination. I took Myfegyne (3 x 200mg) on 16th November 09, with little side-effects (the tiredness and nausea that had troubled me got a little worse), then, 2 days later, I took Cytotec orally (2 x 200ug).
I dreaded the pain and abundant bleeding..... the pain set on almost immediately, and so did the bleeding, with some tissue, and the feeling of having to go to the bathroom. I didnt dare looking at exactly what came out from the vagina but it was not just liquid. All in all, it wasnt much. The pain , though, scared me, so i took paracetamol and went to sleep (it was 4 pm). I slept and the pain went away fast.
No remarkable bleeding has been going on so far (i's been almost 48 hours), i see a few drops on my pads, only see blood coming when i go to the bathroom -- dense, darker than normal period, but not much. And no more pain. All symptoms of pregnancy have magically disappeared.
I cant escape the feeling that this is not working...... i havent been able to reach my doc yet and am getting very unhappy... could the oral route have compromised the effectiveness of Cytotec? or was it the duration of pregnancy (50 days on 18th Nov)? my age, 36? I read all types of misleading info on patients forums, i'd like an expert's opinion.
Many many thanks in advance!!
 pegry - Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:35 am

.....In the meantime, I went for an ultrasound to check, and it seems all is gone, so Cytotec worked without giving me a day from hell as had been predicted to me......
this was an excellent experience (considering...). I guess I was lucky.
Thanks anyway for posting my query.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here