News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: plase help me i need to check my hymen by myself

beauty_ballerin - Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:50 am

Hello

I just need a help about a problem that I can solve it by myself. Once I wrote before but there was no answer because of that I’m writing again because I do need a help.

I had a boyfriend and once we made love it was my first time. During the sex I had no bleeding but it was too painful and his organ was too big to me I mean the pain. After that we lie down for a while again nothing. After an hour I realized a few drops of blood in my underwear and I had that drops for three days. After that I got period, 10 days earlier. Now I just wonder what happened to my hymen. Is there any way to check it by myself? I will go to the doctor but not right now. I have to be mentally ready for that action because we broke up. I have to mention that I’ve been dancing ballet for 22 years.

Please help me and tell me is there any way to check it by myself.
I’m looking forward to your answers.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:35 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is not considered something to self-check, though some claim to be able to view it with a small mirror if they can spread the labia wide enough. The hymen is usually shaped like a rim with an opening to allow menstrual blood through. It may make a crescent moon shape inside the vaginal opening.

But you should know that hymens are often broken even without sex - physical activity, use of tampons, gynecological exam, injury, etc. can cause the hymen to break. It is not considered a reliable determination of lack of virginity if this is your question. An intact hymen does usually affirm virginity but a broken one does not confirm the opposite.

Best wishes.
 beauty_ballerin - Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Thank you so much, this is what i was looking for.
Just one more thing, you mentioned that exercise can broke hymen, i've read it once before in an article, but my question is that what kind of exercises as i mentioned i've been dancing ballet from when i was 6 i mean for 22 year. for example my hymen could be damaged because of that? if so there could be any bleeding or not?

thanks a million
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:26 pm

User avatar Hello,
A hymen can be broken with something as simple as bicycling, horseback riding or even a fall. Bleeding is not necessarily present at the time so you may never know it happened.

I hope this helps.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here