Question: No sexual dive

mii - Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:29 am

Hello, and first of all, thank you for the wonderful idea and opportunity given here of free consults. It literally helped me, since I'd never be able to go to a real doctor for the time being because of financial problems.

My name in Mariana. I am 21 years old. I've been experiencing, since I was little, a lack of sexual dive. At first I thought it might be something psychological and I tried to introduce myself into it more. It got a little bit better, but still, I fear that's it's not completely normal yet. I fear that it might be a bigger problem, maybe hormones or something, that I haven't been aware of. I have never had an orgasm, or experienced a natural situation of wanting to have sex or anything like that. I'd like to know if I could anything (exams, maybe) to find out if anything could be happening to me, physically speaking.

I thank you for your attention and for this wonderful forum idea,
Mariana
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm sorry we didn't see your question earlier. I would not be alarmed about your lack of sex drive, even though it is frustrating to you. Many women (more than 40%) report a low or non-existent sex drive so you are not alone in this. Researchers are hoping to find an answer to help these many women to find answers but so far there is no magic bullet. You may also find that this is something that changes over time and with circumstances in your life. Women's drive usually is associated and affected by many different factors so don't despair. You should talk to your doctor about it though so you can see if there is any concern that should be addressed physiologically or psychologically.

Couples counseling can sometimes help with this once you are in a stable and committed relationship. Techniques can help and can be learned.

|