News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: hysterectomy & pelvic pain, Are multiple surgeries a problem

problems101 - Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi,
The dianosis right now is adenomyosis, but I've had 2 laparoscopies looking for endometriosis, I'm confused, It seems like I'm reading that surgery in itself can cause pain. Would it be from Scar Tissue? Can that stuff be prevented? The doctor said this will most likely help clear up the pelvic pain thing but due to informed consent I need to know that it may not help.

how frequently does surgery cause more pelvic pain

Thanks
Diane
 problems101 - Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:12 pm

hysterectomy done. uterus had a cyst but it was not adenomyosis, He said he can go back & take the ovary? how long do people wait between surgeries & with the uterus already out is it difficult to get the ovary now?

Thanks
Diane
 problems101 - Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:55 pm

seen many doctors for follow ups one doctor sugested an orthopedic consult to see if wear pattern in my shoes show a link to the pelvic pain,

family doc wants me on lyrica incase it's fibromyalgia & opposes the removal of ovary if there isn't a reason.

Seen Dr. Meyer and He admitted he seen adhestions between bowel & ovary & so there is a reason to go back in. If it's attached to the bowel is this someone like my obgyn can handle or is this a ver delicate procedure requiring someone else?

Thanks
 problems101 - Sun May 16, 2010 8:31 pm

I can finish this entry---. a general surgeon is a friend of the family & was scheduled to be in the hospital doing a surgery. He told me that he'd check in with my obgyn & if there was a problem, he would go in & help Dr. Meyer.

Dr. Meyer did remove the ovary & adhesions. I get pain flares about 1 hour prior to needing to have a BM & the pain remains about an hour after going.

I'm hoping this BM thing will eventually go away, but I went for a walk today & I got a pain flare during my walk, It will be interesting to find out till my body is completely healed. the doctor keeps telling me to have good thoughts.

I guess there is no definate answer to my problem. sometimes I believe I'll just be on Vicodin as needed for the rest of my life. I'm starting to accept this so I don't post as many questions anymore. I'm not looking for answers anymore just pain management.

Diane

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here