Question: clomid and progestrone levels

kitty0611 - Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:12 am

Hi, I am 26 yrs old, been ttc for 3 yrs (had 2 miscarriage in the last 2 yrs). I was placed on clomid starting at 50 mg in 2007 and then it was up to 150 this last cycle(dec 09). I went for day 21 progestrone level on jan 8th and results were 8.5. Doctor said I didnt ovulate but my levels have improved since last month which were .5. After reading online, most sites are stating that a level over 5 indicates ovulation but my doctor states it has to be over 10. I have been charting my bbt and doing opk and did get positive around day 14-19. My temp has been up 98.04. I have been having really bad hot flashes throughout the day and night. I did have slight pains in my lower abdomin and fill full at time. I have also experience some kind of fluttering? I need to know can you still get pregnant with levels at 8.5. My doctor wants to up my clomid to 200 mg and my next AF is due next week. please help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

The symptoms you report could be just due to the medication and are not typical of early pregnancy. It is standard treatment for you to have increased doses when you do not become pregnant during a cycle. It sounds like you are in good care and I would not worry too much about the actual level. Have sex on days 14, 16, 18, 20 of your cycle unless your doctor has advised differently. Try to relax and reduce your stress which can also interfere with your cycles.

Good luck and try to be patient.

|