Question: Sore labia before/during period

smb446p - Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:41 pm

The day before I started my period I notice my labia was sore, it feels like a bruise. It has continued and not gone away. My clitoritis is also very very sensitive and almost painful to the slightest touch. There is no redness, itching, sores or anything like that. This has never happened before and i'm starting to worry because it hasn't gone away. Is it period related?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm

This can be related to your period because the veins can become engorged at that time. If it continues you should see a doctor in case of some type of infection. It is not likely anything serious so try not to stress about it. Some women get bacterial or yeast infections that require treatment but this can be determined quite easily. Take note of any discharge changes that occur so you can report this to the doctor.

|