Question: Imense pain in my ovaries and abdomen during sex.

RomanSunshine - Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:42 am

For the last six months I have been having uncontrollable pain in my ovaries during sex. (Not to get too into detail.) The pain only occurs after I have had "satisfaction". Recently, the pain has extended up into my abdomen, just bellow my belly button. It's only during sexual intercourse. It feels like my ovaries are swollen and pressing against my pelvis. This new symptom of abdomen pain is unrelenting. It will stay with me hours after intercourse. It hurts to lean forward when I'm in an upright sitting position. The pain feels like a charlie horse in the muscle of my abdomen. It eventually goes away.
I should mention that I have a very irregular period. I get my period, on average, once every two months, and it always begins very very heavily. I rarely get cramping with it.
During the summer, about seven months ago. I went to the obgyn for a routine pap-smear. I had a yeast infection. I got a prescription for an antibiotic. I had so much running around to do that day, that I never picked up the pills, and I just forgot about them.
Could I have ovarian cysts or an untreated yeast infection? I'm despritely looking for answers.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Sometimes the yeast overgrowth will correct itself without medication. Of course infection is always a possibility as well as cysts or endometriosis. The only thing you can do is see a health care provider for an exam to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Pain is a signal that something is not right and pain with sex is a typical symptom of endometriosis so seeing your doctor is the best advice I can give.

|