Question: Red Pimple-like vaginal sores

cassie123 - Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:33 pm

I'm 16 and have this external sore thing on the outside of my vagina. not even on the inside (the pink part). I'm not sexually active of anything. It's abot the size of a dime and i think it's pretty big. It's red and is extremely uncomfortable to walk or sit properly. I've had it for about 3 days now maybe and there's no pus or anything. Any idea of what it is? I've tried doing some research on what it could be but i don't know! help please!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:35 pm

It is possible to have an infected follicle or gland. Chances are it will go away on its own. You might ease the discomfort with warm, moist compresses. If it continues to be sore longer than a week, you should discuss it with your health care provider. There are some cysts which may need to be removed in order for you to be comfortable, but they are almost always benign.

|