News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pain in my lower buttocks.. diagnosed as vagnisimus...

Megan70072 - Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Hello,

I am 29 years old and was diagnosed with Stage III endometriosis by laproscopy on 4/1/09. Even before then I had pain that was in my lower pelvic (butt) bones and severe pain in my rectum... I also had a presacral neurectomy and a uterine lift...my uterus was retroflexed and sitting on my rectum... that severe pain I no longer feel, but it seems like my "butt" pain is getting much worse since my last surgery... everything else seems to be healing fine and I notice a difference already 5 weeks after surgery. But this butt pain is getting severe!.. I went to my gyno and told him that my cramps and vaginal pain are getting better but my pain (and showed him where it hurts) it's like my sitting bones and toward my rectum but not my rectum...it's my butt close to my rectum.. He says it's vaginismus and I'm tensing my vaginal muscles (when he does and exam) and that's why i have pain. But the pain in my vagina only happen when he does an exam...and because im still healing from my surgery...But my BUTT pain is constant and severe! I take pain meds and muscle relaxers and they help somewhat..and hot baths...I was told that my pain I felt before was "all in my head". Turned out to be severe endo... I don't think that my vaginal spasms is causing this much pain in my butt...What else could it be?? Im scared it's something bad like my endo...Is it my muscles in my butt or my nerves in my butt??? ( NO BACk Pain or Leg pain ONLY in my butt and I go to the bathroom with no pain)
Thank You Very Much,
 Megan70072 - Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:33 am

Can someone Please Help me by answering my question. I'm still in pain with the same problems.
Megan70072

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here