News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Small bump on Vestibule

sophie4 - Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:57 am

I just had sex with this guy I had been seeing about six days ago. Then just recently a pimple size bump appeared on my vestibule (right before the entering of my vagina) on the left side. It's quite hard and hurts when I touch it, sit, and wipe after using the restroom. I don't know if this is something I should worry about or not.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:32 pm

User avatar Hello,
Most commonly these are cysts or infected follicles and they often resolve on their own, are not dangerous and only need attention if they bother you and don't go away. You can try using warm, moist compresses for relief. I don't think you need to worry.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here