Question: Pain on side of salpingectomy

MommyB - Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:44 pm

I had a salpingectomy and D&C two weeks ago. My doctor said at the time that the tube was removed because of an advanced pregnancy (about 2mths), but that he also saw a swelling in my uterus where the tube meets the uterus. He said that twin ectopics were so rare that he did not want to cut into my uterus because that would be major surgery. The day after the surgery my beta was at 2300, prior to the surgery it had made it down to 2900. Three days later it was 1900, and down to 700 ten days after the surgery. My doctor is happy with the declining numbers, but I'm a little concerned. I told him that I had started having pain on the same side as the ectopic and he wasn't worried because it wasn't intense pain, but neither was the pain for my ectopic until the day of surgery when it becamse unbearable. The pain isn't constant, more off and on, and more of a sharp pulsing pain. Should I be concerned or do you think it's just a cyst or something?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:06 pm

I suspect this may be related to the removal of the tube. You could have some scarring but I doubt it is something serious, especially since the pain is not intense. Yes, cysts on the ovaries are a possibility so if it continues you should see your doctor about it. The abdominal cavity does contain many organs so there is a variety of possible disorders.

|