News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: is it possible to become naturally pregnant and then implant

jenyss - Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:46 pm

I recently had a miscarriage, and am planning to try again this summer. My friend is going through ivf - and finds out tomorrow if she is pregnant. She implanted 3 embryos and there is one left. My question is craxy, but just a thought - if I become naturally pregannt this summer, (and she is not pregnant tomorrow) and the last embryo be implanted in me?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:09 am

User avatar Hello,
Technically it is possible but much preparation is done for the woman receiving the embryo prior to the actual procedure. Hormones are given at exactly planned times and everything is prepared to give the embryos every possibility for success. As with your friend, most often more than one are implanted because the failure rate is pretty high. So, to go to the trouble and expense only to implant one embryo is risky and of course heartbreaking if it doesn't take.

I hope this answers your question.

Best wishes.
 takn - Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 am

i was not planning on getting pregnate i was with my ex boyfriend sexually on 11-14/11-15-2009 i had my period in december (during which time i met another guy) i was with my new boyfriend sexually in january and at the beginning of february i missed my period. Now i think i may be pregnate but not 100%sure since i can not afford to go to the doctor. If i am pregnate what are the odds that it is my ex boyfriends baby?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:32 pm

User avatar Hello,
Since you had a period after having sex with your ex, you would not be pregnant by him. I would be fairly confident that if you are pregnant, it is the result of your encounter with your present boyfriend unless you also had sex with the ex after your December period. You can get home pregnancy test kits at the dollar store.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here