Question: is it possible to become naturally pregnant and then implant

jenyss - Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:46 pm

I recently had a miscarriage, and am planning to try again this summer. My friend is going through ivf - and finds out tomorrow if she is pregnant. She implanted 3 embryos and there is one left. My question is craxy, but just a thought - if I become naturally pregannt this summer, (and she is not pregnant tomorrow) and the last embryo be implanted in me?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:09 am

Technically it is possible but much preparation is done for the woman receiving the embryo prior to the actual procedure. Hormones are given at exactly planned times and everything is prepared to give the embryos every possibility for success. As with your friend, most often more than one are implanted because the failure rate is pretty high. So, to go to the trouble and expense only to implant one embryo is risky and of course heartbreaking if it doesn't take.

I hope this answers your question.

takn - Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 am

i was not planning on getting pregnate i was with my ex boyfriend sexually on 11-14/11-15-2009 i had my period in december (during which time i met another guy) i was with my new boyfriend sexually in january and at the beginning of february i missed my period. Now i think i may be pregnate but not 100%sure since i can not afford to go to the doctor. If i am pregnate what are the odds that it is my ex boyfriends baby?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Since you had a period after having sex with your ex, you would not be pregnant by him. I would be fairly confident that if you are pregnant, it is the result of your encounter with your present boyfriend unless you also had sex with the ex after your December period. You can get home pregnancy test kits at the dollar store.

|