News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: HIGH PROLACTIN VALUE-Thrice a Month Mences

brash.neha - Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:05 am

Hello Doctor,

I am 24 year old unmarried female.I recently had got mences thrice in 35 days.Scared I went for an ultrasound which was perfectly normal and no abnormality detected.
Then as advised I went for Blood test my Prolactin level in blood was 27ng/ml which is higher than the normal value .The doctor advised me KRIMSON-35 medicine to be consumed for 9 months and then the value wil be lowered.
I am really worried that is this a proper medication to be followed.Should i take some further tests.
Please help me out.

Thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:23 am

User avatar Hello,
It sounds to me like your doctor suspects PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). Do you have other symptoms, like weight gain and difficulty maintaining a normal weight, excessive hair growth where you don't want it, acne and/or depression? These are common symptoms of PCOS along with irregular periods.

I see no harm that can come from this treatment and it very likely will help with the period concerns.

Best wishes.
 brash.neha - Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Hello doctor,
I am writing in a query for my husband 25 years old.He is been consuming alcohol since last three years in excessive quantity with a minimum of 750ml everyday.
Now even when he is trying to leave the same he is unable to .He gets irritated easily and panicky when there is a time lag of even two nights.
he is consuming tobacco as well.Even when he is determined to leave the intake of alcohol he is defeated by the urge.
He has had a kidney stone operation in 2007 and sometimes expierences pain in the kidney as well.

I am writing in to ask for a medicine or some herbal treatment to stop the urge of alcohol because even he realises that this is causing a harm to him physically as well mentally .He is becoming to moody and is happy and talkitive after the intake of alcohol
We even thought of Re-habilitation but at this stage it is not possible .Please suggest a medication to stop the intake of alcohol.He has tried out on his will power but it didnt work out .I think medicine is the solution now .

Please suggest some medicine without side-effects . Hopin an early response from you .
Thanks

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here