News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Am I pregnant right after ovarian cyst removal?

Foxyroxy - Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi,I'm 4 and a half weeks post op for the removal of a large complex cyst via laparotomy.all went well and they managed to save my overy. At 2 weeks post op my parters seman got onto the opening of my vagina and I'm not on the pill.I am now 6 days late for my period and I'm now stressin out thinkin I'm pregnant even tho I did a test 2days ago which woz negative.so could the missed period be due to the surgery or cud the pregnancy test be wrong,any help would be apreciated
thankyou
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:08 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would recommend repeating the test about a week after the first negative. if it is also negative it is unlikely you are pregnant since these are quite reliable. Not perfect, but pretty good. Whether or not you might become pregnant depends a lot on when you had sex, when you ovulated, and how the semen came to be in the opening of the vagina. If there was no penetration it would be a difficult journey.

Your period regularity can be disrupted by the surgery or other stressors.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here