Question: Period Started and after a day it stopped completly

youandme - Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:21 am

HI,
I was suppose to have period on 15th, but it started on 22. On 22 i had period for a day and then it stopped. i never had this experience before. I even have a boil on my vegina, could this be the reason? I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend after the period has stopped on 23rd night. Please help me on this issue.....
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:59 pm

It is hard to say whether there is a pregnancy concern because it depends on when you ovulated in connection with the unprotected sex. A single day of bleeding, if abnormal for you, may not have been an actual period. But, a woman's hormones fluctuate considerably throughout the cycle and it is possible it was a period, though very light.

Had you been sexually active before this "period"? If so, it is possible you conceived and had some implantation bleeding. You could take a home pregnancy test to see if that is the case. If you did not have sex until after that time, you may not be able to determine for a while, but if you had a period with that bleeding, chances are that you did not ovulate at that time and would not have become pregnant..

I'm sorry I can't be more help but the boil would not affect your period at all. I would recommend you examine possible methods of birth control that you would be comfortable using.

|