News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Period Started and after a day it stopped completly

youandme - Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:21 am

HI,
I was suppose to have period on 15th, but it started on 22. On 22 i had period for a day and then it stopped. i never had this experience before. I even have a boil on my vegina, could this be the reason? I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend after the period has stopped on 23rd night. Please help me on this issue.....
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:59 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is hard to say whether there is a pregnancy concern because it depends on when you ovulated in connection with the unprotected sex. A single day of bleeding, if abnormal for you, may not have been an actual period. But, a woman's hormones fluctuate considerably throughout the cycle and it is possible it was a period, though very light.

Had you been sexually active before this "period"? If so, it is possible you conceived and had some implantation bleeding. You could take a home pregnancy test to see if that is the case. If you did not have sex until after that time, you may not be able to determine for a while, but if you had a period with that bleeding, chances are that you did not ovulate at that time and would not have become pregnant..

I'm sorry I can't be more help but the boil would not affect your period at all. I would recommend you examine possible methods of birth control that you would be comfortable using.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here