News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Masturbation worry, cancer?

louise123 - Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:56 am

Ok im very embarassed to be asking this,but am kinda worried. My friend said she had masurbated internally with hairbrushes/make up brushes. Me and my boyfriend tried this with a makeup brush inside of me a while ago, and since then ive done it a a few times on my own over last year. im worried that this could have hurt me. It has never caused pain, however im worried it could lead to cancer, i.e. brush was made frm plastic (coloured plastic) and a little part metal, im worried could have been toxic or at least a carcinogen!!!! should i be worried, I have done it quite a few times but this has only dawned on me today and now I feel so stupid. I have no pain or bleeding im just worried for the future. I know I shouldnt use objects not specifically designed fro the purpose and wont in future. Im worried as the brushes were probs quie cheap and maybe could have had cheap lacquer on them I don't know and maybe it could have rubbed off or something like that. Should I be worried

I also posted this topic on another website and someone said cheap dildos etc could cause cancer cos of the type of plastic, is this at all true? cos then this could incude the brush I used as was probs a cheap plastic, argh, sorry to fret and ask more qus! Im just scared traces may have been rubbing off inside m and I didnt know. Im sure the brushes were made in china and they don't have same safety standards with materials do they?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:04 pm

User avatar Hello,
Unfortunately, we do not know all the causes of cancer. Certain paints and chemicals are associated but usually it is prolonged exposure that is of particular concern. I would not worry about this, but there are some things you can do to reduce your risk of cancer such as getting the HPV vaccine and having regular Pap smear testing. I would advise against using foreign objects mostly because they could introduce infection. Use with caution and keep objects clean. What you do in the future will have more bearing on your health than this particular incident.

Best wishes.
 louise123 - Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:17 am

If I had done it a few times a month over the last year or so, is this prolonged exposure?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here