Question: Bleeding after masturbation but with no pain

Mazzidee - Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm in a sexual relationship (It's all legal in the UK don't panic). I'm on the Depo Provera contraceptive injection and haven't had a period in about 3 months but recently after masturbation (clitoral only) I've had a bit of bleeding. It's not heavy or painful but it did frighten me the first time I saw it, it's just smears like just before a period starts so I just thought it was the spotting that was noted in the side effects leaflet. I also thought it would go away but that's 3 times now it's happened and I've noticed that it only occurs after I masurbate. I'll be going to see the nurse in a couple of weeks to get my next Depo Provera injection. Has anyone else had this and knows what causes it/ how to stop it or should I speak to the nurse about this? It's starting to worry me...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:10 pm

You can mention it to the nurse but it may just be some uterine contractions which sometimes accompany orgasm. I would not be overly alarmed about it but bleeding that is unexpected should be discussed with your provider to be on the safe side and to rule out infection.

|