Question: New here, Just want to feel good again

Julie45 - Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:28 am

I'm 45 years old and had a total Hys 3 years ago.

This all started Feb 21, 2005. After having intercourse (I only have one partner) about a week later I started to have cramps, after two weeks went to the doctor, she did an exam and a pap(for PID) and put me on Flagel. After 10 days I was getting sicker. Low grade fever, white count was 12,000, flush feeling. She put me in the hospital for 5 days on Doxycline. Was sent home on the doxycline. I was also told I can't get PID since I have no parts left.

There is still no improvement. They have me taking the triple z-pak, I do feel a little better but still have the cramps and left side pain in the pelvic area, flush feeling, sweating, etc (not hot flahses). I've seen a urlogist (did the pee-pee test, ok that hurt) that was ok. Saw my Gasto doctor he said all is ok.

Today I went to another urlogist and he noticed a white discharge coming from my clitoris and said I need to see my Gyno again. I went and saw my GP who put me back ont he z-pak and I have an appointment 4/7/05 with the gyno.

Does anyone have any ideas, I just want to feel good again....

Thank you so much
Julie
 hollyndays - Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:17 pm

Hello Julie,

Hmmm, I empathize with your recent difficulties.

Bartholin's Abscess or Bartholin's cyst come to mind from your description of the discharge from the clitoris, and your GYN should be able to confirm either of these diagnoses and treat it.

I am assuming you no longer have ovaries or uterus when you say "total hysterectomy" and this would rule out ovarian cysts, of course. If a Bartholin's abscess or cyst isn't the problem, and since you have had surgery in the pelvic area, and you describe pain on one side of your lower abdomen/pelvic region, you might ask your doctor to consider and evaulate for adhesions which are areas of scar tissue that sometimes develops internally after surgery. The scar tissue can develop some time after surgery if the tissues become inflamed for some reason (illness/trauma).

Let me know, would you, what results from your 4/7 appointment, and how you are doing after the course of antibiotics.

Hoping you feel better soon,

Holly
 Julie45 - Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:38 am

HI Holly:

Thank you for the email. I see the Gyno this week and will ask about what you said. They all look at me like I'm nuts. This has been going on since 2/21/05 and I'm getting sick of being sick.

I still have the flush/warm feeling, and the cramps (they have become mild) and the flu like feeling. But no fever anymore, this is all very stange to me. I have never had a problem since my hysterectomy, like I said have intercourse and all this started 1-2 weeks later. All the tests come out AOK except my white count is a little high 12,000 but was down to 9,000 when I left the hospital, not sure what it is today....

I'm still taking the zithromax 250mg once a day, not sure how long you can stay on it tho. Its been a few weeks.

I will post after I see the doctor.

Again, thank you for the email.
Julie
 hollyndays - Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:20 pm

You're welcome, Julie. I look forward to hearing how it went at your next appointment, and hope by then you're feeling much better!

Holly, RN

|