Question: Don't know my last monthly period i am 30 weeks pregnant.

Rishu - Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Okay, i had my periods on 17th of july and again i had it on 17th of august then i was admitted in hospital on 18th of september because of very low bp, there i got to know i am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant. My doctor says that you conceived before 17th of august but how is it possible when i had my periods on august. I don't know my LMP please help me finding the due date as well. Thanks.

And also if you can tell me what to do if the baby is not growing properly. Ultrasound is showing my baby is 28 weeks and i am currently 30 weeks around.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:19 pm

By my calculations, from this information, I would estimate that you conceived right around August 17, but since that was the day you started your period it seems unlikely. So, one of the ultrasounds could be off a couple weeks, though early ones are usually quite accurate.

As for your baby's growth, I imagine your doctor will continue to monitor this since there are various reasons a baby might have some growth restriction. Usually they want to see a pattern. If the baby resumes growth, it is probably not worrisome but if the baby continues to show increasing delays in growth, it might indicate a problem with the placenta, cord or something else - sometimes referred to as "small for gestational age" or "intrauterine growth retardation". In some cases the baby is delivered early if it seems there is compromise in nourishment from the mother. In most cases the baby is best inside for the full term, but sometimes the chances of survival are improved after early delivery if there is a constriction of some kind. Regular monitoring at this point is the most important thing you can do. If by chance you are a smoker, this could cause such a problem as well.

|