Question: 7 days late i have pcos and on metformin

squeekers1985 - Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:07 pm

so i've been on metformin for 5 almost 6 months every month since i've been taking it i've gotten my period between 28-32 days took one month of clomid in jan i couldn't in feb cause i had a mri to check the shape of my uterus cause with the hsg it looked heart shaped so we continued with the metformin and my mri showed i had multiple follicles (i'm hoping thats a good thing) anyways
i didn't get AF at all in feb and i'm still waiting on it i have taken 2 pregnancy tests that came out negative for cd 32 i took one on cd 33 and cd 39
i can't get in to see my doctor as he is on vacation
should i wait longer and take another test?
i'm not sure what i should do.
is it possible that i am pregnant and i just don't have enough hcg to show up on one yet?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun May 09, 2010 5:22 pm

Sometimes the hcg levels are too low to be detected in an early test. I know you are anxious to find out but repeating the test after a week is really the only option aside from a serum (blood) pregnancy test which is more sensitive. Good luck in your efforts.

Best wishes

|