Question: Sex on Period Now Brown Spotting...Pregnant?

Bearman23 - Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:05 am

My boyfriend and I had sex for the first time 2 weeks ago. It was the second day of my normal 4-5 day period (semi-irregular cycle). After intercourse my period came stopped. We did use a condom and at one point the condom slipped but was still full of seamen (don't know if any got out). Now two weeks later I have light spotting that is brown (and sometimes reddish) in color. I did not take an emergency contraceptive because of my adverse reaction to them in the past. Am I most likely pregnant? or is this just my period finishing up? I understand that I cannot take a test for 2 more weeks until my period is supposed to come but I'm getting very concerned and don't want my stress levels to cause me to miss my period and create even more panic. What's going on and what should I do? Any help you could provide would be truly appreciated, thank you very much!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:50 am

Having sex during your period is one of the safest times there are since you are not likely to ovulate at that time. The spotting is normal. Try to relax as pregnancy is highly unlikely under these circumstances.

|