Question: CLUMPY WHITE DISCHARGE- NOT A YEAST INFECTION

barbi3fr3sh - Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:13 am

I have been having this white discharge with little white clumps for a couple of months now. I went to the doctor who did all cultures which came back normal. IT IS NOT A YEAST INFECTION AND I HAVE NO STD OR ANYTHING THAT ONE WOULD THINK COULD CAUSE THIS PROBLEM. She prescribed me a medication for BV which I enjected as directed and it did not really help. I was retested and she told me as she did before that some women just have a lot of discharge. I have read two similar posts on this website already where the women too had no REAL answer and where told they would just have to live with it. I would also like to know if there is anything that can be done to lessen this because I too feel a little embarressed when my boyfriend see's it. He is my first and only sexual partner and it wasn't like this when we first started. PLEASE DO NOT POST THE SYMPTOMS AND CAUSES of different causes of vaginitis as the REPLiES on both of the simialr questions to this I saw had; I have seen and read them already thanks. I know it is not abnormal but I would like more info on how to control it if possible. Thank you!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm not aware of a standard treatment for discharge that is not infectious - yeast or bacteria. I do know there are claims by herbal supplement manufacturers but since this is not regulated by the FDA I really don't know much about its effectiveness. It might be worth trying alternative medication such as seeing an herbalist or checking with your local nutritional supplement carriers in this case where no standard cause and treatment is available.

|