Question: implant removed constant period before and since removal

roshbosh - Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:10 pm

i had the contraceptive implant inserted in December 09. I had heavy bleeding whilst on it so was started on the pill (microgynon 30) about 2 months ago to help with the bleeding. The pill only worked for a week and the bleeding then continued. I had the implant removed about 2 weeks ago, and am continuing on the pill. ~The problem is i am still bleeding heavily, have period pains and sore breasts. Is this likely to settle soon?‏
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Affected menstrual cycles are the most common problems with these implants that women report. I would give it a few months to see if your cycles return to normal. If not, you should see your doctor in case it is not related to the implant, but caused by something else.

|