Question: Pregnancy with only one Fallopian Tube ?

rpeterson - Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Hello Doctors,

Greetings of the day !!

Myself gajendra, my wife had an infection in one of her fallopian tube on right side which doctors have removed due to no way to retain that tube.

Now my wife has only one fallopian tube and we are planning to have a baby so can you please let us know what we should do ? currently we are consulting with one gynec and in last days we kept relations but now its been around 10 days approx but results seems to be negative as per the pregnancy report test. we have not go for any other test yet but since from last 3 days my wife is oftenly feeling pain in her left lower abdominal.

So can you people please advice what should i do ?

Thanks and will anxiously wait for your reply.

Gajendra..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:59 am

Normally a woman releases one egg per month, from alternating ovaries so she is able to become pregnant normally with just one tube. You don't have to do anything different, just have regular sexual relations and there is a very good chance she will conceive in time, even if it takes longer than the usual period of one year for women under 35 years of age. In women older than this, we recommend seeing a doctor if not pregnant within six months simply because the biological clock is ticking.

rpeterson - Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:48 am

Hello Debbie,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Can you please let me know onething, what would be better time to keep relations to get the positive results ?

Thanks again!
 rpeterson - Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:09 am

Hello Debbie,

One more thing i would like to ask that doctor has just suggested to start letoval 2.5mg from today and its 5th day of periods.

So can you please give me some information about this medicine that what it is useful for ?

thanks in advance!

|