News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pregnancy with only one Fallopian Tube ?

rpeterson - Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Hello Doctors,

Greetings of the day !!

Myself gajendra, my wife had an infection in one of her fallopian tube on right side which doctors have removed due to no way to retain that tube.

Now my wife has only one fallopian tube and we are planning to have a baby so can you please let us know what we should do ? currently we are consulting with one gynec and in last days we kept relations but now its been around 10 days approx but results seems to be negative as per the pregnancy report test. we have not go for any other test yet but since from last 3 days my wife is oftenly feeling pain in her left lower abdominal.

So can you people please advice what should i do ?

Thanks and will anxiously wait for your reply.

Gajendra..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:59 am

User avatar Hello,
Normally a woman releases one egg per month, from alternating ovaries so she is able to become pregnant normally with just one tube. You don't have to do anything different, just have regular sexual relations and there is a very good chance she will conceive in time, even if it takes longer than the usual period of one year for women under 35 years of age. In women older than this, we recommend seeing a doctor if not pregnant within six months simply because the biological clock is ticking.

Best wishes.
 rpeterson - Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:48 am

Hello Debbie,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Can you please let me know onething, what would be better time to keep relations to get the positive results ?

Thanks again!
 rpeterson - Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:09 am

Hello Debbie,

One more thing i would like to ask that doctor has just suggested to start letoval 2.5mg from today and its 5th day of periods.

So can you please give me some information about this medicine that what it is useful for ?

thanks in advance!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here