News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Possible Pregnancy?

SallyJ - Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:19 pm

Well first off, I maintain a 29-31 day cycle. I'm 17 years old, and my first day this month was the 3rd. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I only menstrate for 3 days (does that mean I am not very fertile?). Anyway, about two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had sex using a comdom. However, I fear I may've been ovulating at that time. Then, just yesterday he put his penis inside of me without a condom. It was only for a few seconds and he didn't ejaculate, but I'm still worried. What are my chances of being pregnant?
 Rhonda P, CEP - Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:19 am

User avatar Hello,
During the pre-ejaculation stage there will be seminal fluid seeping from the tip of the penis and that fluid may contain sperm in it. There are normally hundreds of millions of sperms in the semen during ejaculation.
Any time there is vaginal penetration without protection or contraceptives the chances of pregnancy is present. I would be more likely to lean toward the not pregnant side than the pregnant side (by what you said) but there isn’t any sure way to tell until it’s time for your menstruation or a pregnancy test is done when you are far enough along.
 SallyJ - Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:53 am

Thanks a lot :)
 SallyJ - Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:38 pm

I've heard a few rumors about the moon phase under which you were born having an effect on a possible second ovulation during that same present moon phase. Does this hold any merit?
 Rhonda P, CEP - Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:26 pm

User avatar I don't know anything about that to answer it for you, sorry. If I run across info as I do other research I will let you know.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here