News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Chlamydia or post period odour?

Elizabella25 - Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:42 pm

I had a Chlamydia infection once in my life because I didn't use a condom I was treated for it, with my new bf he was 100% clean he said so I did the same with him, I slept with him then shortly after got my period. After my period was finished I smelled that odour again and white milky substance came out of my vagina. It seems like the Chlamydia infection is coming back or my current bf give me a new infection? Could this odour be from the last bit of my period? Help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:49 am

User avatar Hello,
It could be nothing but odor and discharge are signs you should have it checked out. There are infections you can get that are not necessarily sexually transmitted but that still require treatment. The color you describe is not concerning, but odor can be a problem, particularly if you develop itching or the discharge changes from clear or milky to "cheesy" in texture. If it is just normal discharge it will probably resolve on its own in a few days.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here