News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: is it safe to have sex when there's an Ovarian cyst inside?

tank2004_20 - Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 pm

My girlfriend of 4 months, has had pain in her low abdominal area and was diagnosed with having a cyst. It's attached to her left ovary and it's 5cm's big. she doesn't have a constant dull pain but random short sharp pains, and she's noticed her breasts being bigger and her eating has come to different cravings. She had a ultra sound and they had to evaluated it, but they said that it might go away on it's own in a couple of months and both she and I were wondering if it would be risky for her and I to have sex, because the last thing either of us want to happen is for it to burst and make her infertile or cause her more pain. please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:45 am

User avatar Hello,
It is safe to have sex but keep in mind that her comfort should be a guide so take it easy if she has pain. I would not expect it to cause a problem unless it were particularly rough and thus increasing the pain. Let her be the guide on what she feels OK with.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here