Question: 11days periods late and -ve hpt

arcosd - Sun May 09, 2010 9:37 am

hi debbie,
thanks for ur help last time, but im again in a big ruckus......well I wanted to ask my periods is late by 11 days, I normally hav regular periods 28 - 30 days cycle but this time its been 11 days and no sign of periods. normally during my periods I usually got pains and cramps in my stomach and legs/thighs the day before I usually got my period.......but this month I have got cramps which sustained not more than 10 mins......on the day 37th I got pains in my thighs in the night I thought probably I might start my periods next day but no havent got it.......my lifestyle is very relaxing I don't have too much of stress....im a home maker......we have been trying for a baby for past 1 1/2 yr or so......I have done 3 hpt but all have come -ve.........I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy apart from my breast are tender which is usually before periods and last night I felt like a ball pushing my belly.......apart from that my cramps and pains are on an off........sorry for this big question quoted but im very confused and feeling very wierd that Am I pregnant or no? So can you please help me............about wat could be happening
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:03 pm

User avatar Hello
It is possible to have a negative test even though you are pregnant if your hcg levels are not high enough to be detected. Usually we recommend repeating the test in a week if you still have not had a period. You may also go for a serum (blood) test which is more sensitive. If it is negative you can be quite sure you are not pregnant. If it is not critical to know right away you can wait it out and see what happens next month as some women do ski periods now and again. This is considered normal. The other symptoms can occur randomly or even with other conditions, infections, cysts, etc. so if you continue to have problems you should see your health care provider.

|