News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: fleshy lump near vagina opening

missthinkpink23 - Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:40 am

i have had a hard-ish lump right by the opening to my vagina for about a month now. I first noticed it and just thought it was due to shaving and perhaps an ingrown hair.

However, now when i look at it in the mirror it's flesh coloured and i can actually grab it as it sort of hangs off slightly, there is also a line of flesh next to it that is slightly raised from the rest of the skin. i'm just not sure what it could be!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:25 pm

User avatar Hello,
You could have a skin tag. This is just a cosmetic concern and not a health danger at all. It is hard to say without seeing but women do get bartholin gland cysts near the vaginal opening and these are also harmless unless they cause you discomfort. The bartholin glands provide lubrication for the vagina and sometimes a cyst (sac) fills with fluid and produced a bump, kind of like a grape. If it bothers you, in either of these cases it can be removed by your doctor but it is not an emergency or anything to be alarmed about. You will need to have a doctor see it for a firm diagnosis.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here