News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: knot(marble size) along bikini line

acey - Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm

I noticed yesterday i have a knot the size of a marble along my bikini line(under the skin of course) and out to the right of it maybe 1/8 of an inch is a much smaller knot, beside the 2nd knot there is a red spot. When i walk it feels something like water jiggling around that area. 2-3 days before i noticed the knots it hurt so bad i was limping, its not gotten any better or worst, very sore. Any ideas as to what this could be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:19 pm

User avatar Hello,
There are sebaceous cysts and infected hair follicles that can produce symptoms like this. Usually they are not serious and likely resolve on their own, though they can cause discomfort. You can try warm compresses to see if you get relief but if it doesn't go away in a few days you may need to see your doctor. Sometimes sebaceous cysts are removed because in most cases draining alone does not help because the cyst fills up again. So if it persists you will just need to see a doctor.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here