Question: Could I have a blighted ovum?

KerryB - Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Hello
I am approx 6 weeks pregnant. I have been light spotting (brown) for the past 4 weeks and then last Fri it was red blood on one occasion when I wiped. I went to the clinic and they took a blood test and the HCG was 2835. They arranged a scan for Monday (yesterday).

When I went for the scan, nothing could be seen apart from the sac - there was no fetus inside. They did another blood test and that came back as 4476. Bear in mind this was more than 48 hours after the original blood test. The doc said the rise was reasonable but not as high as they'd have wanted and to treat it as a potential pregnancy.

I had another appointment today with my GP who said it is possible that it is a blighted ovum. I am absolutely worried sick and have to wait 10 days before I have another scan. It feels like torture.

Do you think it sounds like the odds are against me and I am heading for a miscarriage?

Any advice will be greatly received.

Thank you.
 KerryB - Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:42 pm

It has been confirmed today - I do have a blighted ovum.

Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:45 pm

User avatar Sorry we didn't get back to you but glad you got help from your healthcare provider.

|