Question: lungs of the fetus does not develop and fluid.

babyboy - Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Dear Doctor,

I need help and solution about my 18 weeks fetus, my baby got amniotic fluid of the left of lung.and now the lungs was collapse.. cant growth.
and i ever do the emunesintesis for checking the chromosome, and the result is normal no down syndrome .

does i still have a hope?? does this baby can live like normal baby??

One of my doctor said, no more hope for this baby, because when he was born, he cant get oxygen for himself.so when he born, he will die.
so sad to hear that.

what kind of steps that i should to do to save my baby?? how much percentage to save my baby life?

thanks for attention and the time to read my post.
hope can get reply soon.
thanks before.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:46 am

I am so sorry you have received sad news about your unborn baby. It does sound like there are serious problems but I cannot say if there is anything to be done. I hope you were able to see a perinatologist (specialist for high risk pregnancies). This doctor should be able to tell you what the possibilities are.

I am a little confused because the fetus does not get air into its lungs until after birth. I don't know what is meant by the lung not being able to grow. It could be that something has been found to be in the way of the lung's development. Some birth defects do cause underdevelopment. I think you just need to spend more time with the doctor and let him/her know that you do not understand the diagnosis and that you need further explanation.

Good luck and best wishes.

|