Question: Negative pregnancy test could I still be pregnant

imly - Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:14 pm

I have regular periods that start on wednesdays and end on saturdays or sundays. My last period ended on May 9th, and this June I have not had my period at all however I had a little bit of brown discharge that did not even require the use of a pad or tampoon. I had sex on May 13th and 22nd which I read could be my fertile time. I woke up naeuous this morning. I have taken a pregnancy test last week and it came back negative. Is there any possibility that the test could say negative but I am pregnant? Thanks for your help in advance
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:02 am

Yes, it is possible since some false negatives do occur. This is because the hcg levels may not be high enough to be detected. In the majority a test is accurate around the time or a few days after the missed period day, but for some women it does register false negative. It is usually advised to repeat the test after a week if you still have not had your period.

yuly - Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:59 pm

am 25 years old and i got my last period in may i don't remember the date but i know was may and this whole june i didnt got my period at all at the begining of this july i did a pregnancy test but it came out negative the funny thing is that i been trough 2 pregnancy's well one miscarriage the thing is that from the miscarriage and my pregnancy i got the same sympotms i was tired,nauseas,moods and cravings but i don't feel like am pregnant i don't got no symptoms the only thing is that i havent got my period yet and fuuny thing is that this had happend before i could missed a whole month but then the other month i would got my period but so far is worrying me because this month is almost over i been feeling almost like if my period was coming but everytime i check nothing what can it be???
 KKBCabales, RN - Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am

Hi!
I agree with debbie, according to the days you had with your man, it appears to be your fertile days...
Traditionally, 10days after you missed your period, you could detect pregnancy through transvaginal ultrasound.
if you had taken or tested pregnancy through urine test, it is not yet an assurance that if it is negative it means you are not pregnant.
confirmatory test we could suggest are ultrasound an serum pregnancy test because HCG hormones is more detected in serum test..
GOOD DAY!
 yuly - Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:02 pm

i also been discharge a white thing from my vigina and it itches also i mean this had happend before but for a while it went away and now came back but am more worry about been pregnant even though i don't got none of the pregnancy symptoms only the missed period but i been getting like cramps almost like if my period is about 2 come and i even feel something coming out but the only thing comes out is that white thing and my husband never goes on me when we are having sex and telling u the truth i don't feel pregnant at all!!!!!
 Parab - Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:36 am

I do not have regular periods generally start on 8th or 9th, and this July I have not had my period at all. I had sex on June 26th which I thing could be my fertile time. I have taken a pregnancy test twice with a gap of one day and it came back negative. Is there any possibility that the test could say negative or I am pregnant? Or any other method to test I'm pregnant? If I'm pregnant how can I drop it.

|