News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Birth defects due to clomid

bless_ishita - Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:19 am

Hi Doctor,

My current doctor has found anovulatory cycle in me.As I want to have baby , she wants me to keep on Clomid.I have following questions :
1) Which is the best drug between Letrozole and Clomid?
2) Is there ank risk of birth defect in babies born though clomid? If yes, is there any advance detection method of birth defect while baby is in womb?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:12 pm

User avatar Hello,
Since clomid is frequently used to stimulate ovulation, there is no known risk to a fetus resulting from that treatment. Of course you need to take it as directed. I would not say one of these drugs is better than the other; just different in their actions to achieve the same results - ovulation and pregnancy.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here