Question: Using the nuvaring and wondering if I'm possibly pregnant.

miss.kaelynn - Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Okay so pretty much my last period was June 5th and I inserted a nuvaring on June 23rd. A couple hours after it was in, I went to my boyfriend's house and we had sex and he -cough- "finished" inside me for the first time. So then a couple days ago I realised that my boobs were feeling weird and are sore and veiny. You know how easily you can see the veins on your wrists? Well it's like that on my chest and to my shoulders which is really not like them. I posted the question about my chest and someone mentioned pregnancy. Is that really the case? Could I be pregnant? If I'm overreacting please tell me, I'd rather hear that than "yes, you could be pregnant." My nuvaring isn't due to come out for another two weeks (July 14th) Is it possible? Wouldn't I be having more symptoms by now if I was, not just weird feeling and looking boobs?

Also if it's possible, can someone send some abortion information my way please.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Were you using another method of contraception such as the pill prior to the nuvaring? It is difficult to say without more information if you might have been ovulating during the time you had sex. Without other hormonal contraception it is possible and the nuvaring may have been inserted too late for protection. However, breast changes can occur with hormonal fluctuation, aside from pregnancy. If in doubt, take a pregnancy test.

As for information about abortion, I would recommend you contact your local Planned Parenthood or other family planning clinic.

|