Question: Fast growing mass on dorsal vagina during pregnancy

st2000 - Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:05 am

I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and I have just noticed that I have a pedunculated mass at the dorsal aspect of my external vagina and I was hoping that someone might be able to cast some light on what it might be.

I am fairly sure that it wasn't there a few days ago, it isn't painful but causes me some discomfort. It is visible externally and has a polypoid appearance. The mucosa is not disrupted and it is not discharging in any way.

Having had a bit of a read this doesn't seem to be a recognised pregnancy complication, and I am a bit bemused as to what it could be.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Does this seem like a "grape" in feel? It could be a bartholin gland cyst - quite common and benign. Otherwise you would need to have it checked out by your doctor but I don't believe it is related to pregnancy.

|