Question: Can I remove the NuvaRing early and resume Ocella?

Funny123 - Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:00 pm

I started the NuvaRing and I have noticed drastic weight gain. I want to take it out (had it in since 5/28) and resume Ocella usage, not using the pills on the dates that I hate the NuvaRing in. Is this acceptable? I have had sexual relations during the time the NuvaRing has been in. Please help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:04 pm

If you start taking the birth control pill the day following removal you should be fine to just continue your protection that way. This will continue your hormone levels in your body to prevent pregnancy. While no method except abstinence is 100% effective, your risk is no greater as you switch. If you miss a day or more you should use back up birth control for 7 days at the beginning of the pill use.

|