News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: HSG and Progesterone levels low?

ojzmom - Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:20 pm

I am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I just got my test results and my HCG is 121 and progesterone is 8. Does this mean I will miscarry? I recently had an ectopic pregnancy that led to my tube being removed. I don't think I will be able to go through this again.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:24 pm

User avatar Hello,
Nothing can be predicted with certainty at this point, but the pattern of hcg levels is the important thing. They should double about every other day. You should discuss this with your doctor and if you do have low levels of progesterone you may benefit from supplementation in early pregnancy. I'm sorry you sometimes have to experience losses in finding out the problem and miscarriage is all-too common.

Give yourself credit - you are stronger than you think you are and these things do make you stronger still.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here