Question: about Septate hymen and my doctor

lizzy88 - Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:32 am

this is about my hymen, i am sexually active and have been for years. but been having difficultly in doing it because i think i have a Septate hymen and it gets in the way of sex and tampons. i did go to my doctor about it but she said to leave it and it will go over time but i wanted to get rid of it because it's stopping me having sex with my partner and putting strain of owe relationship. was my doctor wrong to tell me to leave it? and can i have it removed? i am thinking about changing my doctor because everytime i go in for anything i don't feel like i get the help i need.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 pm

I always recommend getting a second opinion if you do not feel you have a good rapport with your doctor or don't get answers when you need them. There can be no harm in finding a doctor who better suits your needs. If this band of tissue is interfering with your life, you can certainly have it removed.

|