Question: Periods and birth control

tinkybell101 - Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:33 pm

I had a question concerning my birth control and my period. I am on Ortho-Evra and I decided not to skip the 4th week as I have before and instead I put on a new patch that week. I am currently on my 2nd patch, 2nd week and I have been experiencing menstrual flow and cramps. Is it possible for a woman to have a period even though she continued to use the patch? I am wondering if this is a cause for concern and whether I should go see my gynecologist.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:58 pm

User avatar Hello Tinkybell101,

I apologize for the delay in answering your question. It is advised that you allow your body to have menstruation on the fourth week, you probably have done that by now. Please contact your Gynecologist if you have any other questions and I have also found a website for you.

http://www.orthoevra.com/

|