News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Periods and birth control

tinkybell101 - Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:33 pm

I had a question concerning my birth control and my period. I am on Ortho-Evra and I decided not to skip the 4th week as I have before and instead I put on a new patch that week. I am currently on my 2nd patch, 2nd week and I have been experiencing menstrual flow and cramps. Is it possible for a woman to have a period even though she continued to use the patch? I am wondering if this is a cause for concern and whether I should go see my gynecologist.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:58 pm

User avatar Hello Tinkybell101,

I apologize for the delay in answering your question. It is advised that you allow your body to have menstruation on the fourth week, you probably have done that by now. Please contact your Gynecologist if you have any other questions and I have also found a website for you.

http://www.orthoevra.com/

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here