Question: When is the so called "official" day of your period?

me.me98741 - Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:47 pm

I've had people ask me this and also wonder myself.. Once in a while i get brown discharge a day or so before my period does this count as one of the ''7'' days of your period ??
Also is there any way to help lessen the flow of you period?? Just wondering... please..

Thanks in advance, any help would be great!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Usually the first day is counted when you have red bleeding but it really isn't too important which day you count as long as you consider the same each time when counting the days of your cycle. Even ovulation varies considerably from woman to woman and even month to month so knowing the number of days in your cycle may help you determine the approximate ovulation day, but not the definite.

As for reducing the flow, some women find that taking birth control pills results in less bleeding. Some benefit from taking ibuprofen during their period. Aside from this, it's pretty much your genetic make-up.

|