News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: on depo and think im prego

BEdge2 - Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 am

I am 17 and been on depo for a year and 3 months. I am very sexually active. I have been having symptoms of pregnancy but two negative tests. I have been reading that 2 negative tests is possiable to have and still be prego. I have not had a period since 11/17/09. Is it still possiable for me to be with child?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:36 pm

User avatar Hello,
Of course it is possible but very rare after two negative tests. There is a small failure rate with every method of birth control except abstinence so always in the back of your mind. However, to become pregnant while on this contraception AND to have negative tests really would be a long shot. Your symptoms may be due to something else - hormonal or otherwise.

Best wishes.
 BEdge2 - Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:13 pm

thanks. since my last posting on 7/15/10 i had a fall off a kayak and hit my stomach on the dock. I have also taken 3 more tests, 2 being once again negative and one positive on 7/20/10! I have also lost 10lbs. in a matter of 4 days! Could the shot and my fall made me have a miscarriage? Whats the precent chance I am pregnant?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here