Question: Using Implant But Have VERY painful irregular periods

bobbysue - Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:11 am

I have been on Implanon implant for 17 months and nothing for 14 months but all of a sudden I am bleeding heavily at least twice a month an dthey are so painful. When I sarted my periods Even from day one i was regular as clockwork but had very bad pain with vomiting, sweats just awful I couldn't even stand, After having my 1st daugter i was back to regular as clockwork and i had virtually no pain but after my 2nd daughter was born I had this implant put in and it was perfect for 14 months now I'm in agony again what do you recommend?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:05 pm

This would need to be a personal decision because you are the only one who knows if it is something you can endure for a few more months to see if it gets better. If it is truly agonizing you may need to have it removed. But, that does not guarantee anything since we have no way of knowing for sure if this is the cause. It would be worth trying, however. Talk to your doctor in case there is some underlying problem unrelated to the implant.

|