Question: omga 3 and laser in pregnancy

AURORA3 - Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:20 am

I have 3 Q:
1-is it safe to use flax seed oil cap which is the source of omega 3 in pregnancy from 1st trimester
2-is it safe to do laser for hair removal(groin area) during 1st trimester
3-is it safe to do fraxel or mesotherapy for the face during preg
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Flax seed oil is a good source of omega 3s in pregnancy so yes, take these. As for the procedures, I doubt there is a problem with the laser hair removal but I would avoid any unnecessary procedures in pregnancy, including the mesotherapy because we don't know a lot about the newer treatments. We do know there is about a 5% chance of birth defects and most of these we do not know the cause of so it's always a good idea to be safe and consider the risks and benefits. Pregnancy is a temporary condition and many things can wait until later.

|