Question: menorrhagia, need to stop this cycle while awaiting ablation

autumn1971 - Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:29 am

I am scheduled for a uterine ablation in 2 weeks but got my period and I need to slow it down. My gyn gave me loestrin 1.5/30 to take to sop the cycle and I think she said to take 2 today and 2 tomorrow to stop it but I can't remember and she is away. I am already taking ibuprofen 600mg q 6 h and I am keeping up with my iron tablets as I am very anemic which is being monitored closely. Will taking 2 today and 2 tomorrow be the right thing? I don't remember....your answer is very much appreciated.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm sorry your doctor did not give you written instructions to help you to remember. It can be overwhelming when you are dealing with procedures and illness. You should be fine on that schedule and the ablation will likely solve the problem on a more permanent basis. Good luck with it.

|