News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: stopped taking zovia 2 days ago want a baby

Momof2boys26 - Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Ok so I read tru the posts and i didnt see much info that i already didnt know. my case is weird. i am gonna be 27 next week i have two boys ages 9 and 6. i want another baby. i was on zovia for over a yr and i just stopped it 2 days ago. my last period well the first day was may 21st,10. on june 23 i got what i thought was implantation bleeding so i waited a week and took a preg test it came up neg. i know sometimes when ur on the pill its still possible to get preg. so i thought it couldve been possible. also on 7/12 i got a blood test done and it also came up neg as well. my period is due 7/21 so my question is i have had all the preg symptoms and last night i started feeling so much nausea and dizziness that either i am just way too paranoid or what. are those possible side effects of stopping the pill cuz i have never read that. how can i pinpoint my fertile days now that i stopped birth control? and much longer should i wait to take another preg test. my husband wants another baby like yesterday and i just decided to have one so thats why i stopped the pills. also is vag birth after 2 cesareans possible? my first csec was due to me not dialating to 8 i was stuck at 7 for 19 hours my water broke before contractions so my dr did a csec on me. then i had a second csec cuz he wouldnt do a vag birth after csec. so if and when i do get preg is a vag birt poss?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:42 pm

User avatar Hello,
It can take a while for your body to adjust after stopping birth control pills so try to relax while attempting pregnancy. Having regular sexual intercourse is the best way. Let nature take if from there and don't worry at this point too much about which days you are fertile. Once your period begins to take on some regularity it will be easier to guess and if your cycle is between 26 and 32 days. Then you would be considered PROBABLY fertile between days 8 and 19. This is an average - you could vary beyond that - thus, the reason for regular sex.

It is considered normal for it to take up to a year to achieve pregnancy so try to be patient. Worry adds stress and the stress hormones aren't so good for you.

Symptoms can be caused by the abrupt change in hormones in your body after coming off the pill. They can also be caused by other reasons, even stress.

While you are trying to conceive, be sure you are taking a multivitamin containing at least 400 mcg folic acid or folate, eat a balanced diet, avoid bad habits and lose any excess weight. These are all contributors to a healthy pregnancy.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here